- To help students to make short video films.
- To give training in direction script writing acting, vedeography and computer video editing.
- To create awareness and provide training in the new trends in film making.
- To screen good films and evaluate them critically.
- To conduct seminars, workshops, quiz, competitions and film festivals.
The ‘Reel Tit – Bitz 17-18’ was inaugurated on 26th September 2017 by ‘Sukesh Samskrithi’ who is a film maker and journalist. He interacted with the students and had given valuable information about film making and make the students aware of their duties committed to society with their inherent creativity. He instigated the members of the club to create short films with relevant themes, which will lead the students to illumince others.
Our former batch of students had contributed their best and made a short film named ‘ Chanduvinte Penganmar’ with a socially relevant theme. Which was already shown to the students.
We had shown ‘Modern Times’ of Charlie Chaplin, ‘Oridothoru Fayalvan’, ‘Troy’, ‘Mithr My Friend’, ‘Siddhartha’ – All informative films which help the students for their studies.
"We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by atleast one laugh." – Frierich Nietsche
Starting a film club is a great way to show some initiative, collaborate with others and explore one’s interest. Not only that, but it shows that one is serious about studying film as an art form rather than just as a screen time addict.
Dept. of English