National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Enable the students to understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
- THREE DAY SPECIALCAMP: NSS Volunteers participate in three day special camp at MHES College on 17-03-2017 to 19-03-2017.
- STUDY TOUR: Showing the way to joy and happiness, NSS Volunteers conducted a Study Tour to Idukki and Kodaikkenal on 26-02-2017 to 01-03-2017.
- PALLIATIVE CARE DAY: NSS unit 196 and Pain and Palliative Unit of Maniyur organized a 'Swantana-Santesha Bike Rally' on 15-01-2017. As a part of the day NSS Volunteers distributed free medicines and aid to alderman and clean their house and also the well.
- ROAD SAFETY AWARENESS CLASS: NSS unit 196 conducted a Road safety awareness class and presented a documentary on 13-01-2017.
- EXHIBITION: An exhibition consisting the photos of NSS activities was organized at the College ground on 11-01-2017, was inaugurated by our Principal Dr. EMA Jamal.
- VISIT TO TANAL CHARITABLE TRUST: We the NSS Student of MHES College visited the Tanal Charitable Trust on 10-01-2017 and urged them with songs.
- SPECIAL CAMP: An exciting, curious, vivid, exposure to a world service was experience by NSS unit in the Camp, conducted at Nidumpoyil UP School,Meppayyur on 23-12-2016 to 30-12-2016. The camp was inaugurated by Sreemathi Reena, the Panchayath President, Meppayyur. Dr. Aboobacker, Prof. KK Mahamood (General Secretary MHES College), Shajahan KP, the Chairman of MHES College facilitated the function. The students were very proud to say that this NSS unit could bring a broad smile on the faces of the people of under developed villages.
- HARITA GRAMA PROJECT: As a part of Grama project NSS unit rejuvenated minister TP Ramakrishnan congradulated the students and programme officer.
- AIDS DAY(1st DECEMBER 2016: NSS Volunteers organized a AIDS Rally from MHES College to Thodannur town on 1st December 2016 and conducted a street play on Aids.
- MAGAZINE PRESENTATION: Magazine 'Padavukal' prepared by NSS Volunteers was presented by Professor Aboobacker Kappad on 23-11-2016. More over the winners of athletic meet approbated at the auspicious moment.
- AAVEG2K16: NSS unit of Calicut University conducted a Sports and athletic meet AAVEG2K16 at Farook College on 19-11-2016 and 20-11-2016. NSS unit of our college won third prize in the athletic meet.
- GANDHI JAYANTI CELEBRATION: The Unit celebrated Gandhi Jayanti in the college premises. Volunteers cleaned the campus and planted herbs.
- EYE DONATION RALLY: NSS unit 196 conducted an eye donation rally and a discussion.
- ONE DAY TRUCKING: NSS Volunteers conducted a trucking to the forest behind our college on 01-09-2016. College staff Mr. Sreedaran introduced some distinct plants to us.
- QUIZ COMPETITION: The NSS unit conducted a Quiz competition on 24-08-2016 in College auditorium.
- WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY (5th JUNE ): College NSS unit celebrated environment day. The unit distributed plants sapilings, of volunteers cleaned the campus.
National Service Scheme popularly known as NSS is a student-centred programme and it is complementary to education. It is a link between the campus and community, the college and village, knowledge and action. The overall aim of NSS is the Personality Development of students through community service. It aims at inculcating amongst
the volunteers a spirit of team-work, service to the community they live in, character building which ultimately leads to the development of their personality. The motto of NSS is 'Not Me But You'. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and appreciation of the other person's point of view and also to show consideration for fellow human beings.
NSS was formally launched on 24th September 1969, the birth centenary year of the Father of the Nation. Therefore, 24th September is celebrated every year as NSS Day with various programmes and activities.
Objectives of NSS
Dept. Management Studies